We launched 3 pilot accelerators last year and will offer 4 more accelerators across Europe, Asia, Africa, and America in 2017. This is the summary report for the Africa Startup Ecosystem.
Day 2 Review: With a night of rest, the program continued with an intense 3-hour finale of keynotes, pitches, and reflections. We kicked off the program with a review of day one then continued with top keynote presentations. The agenda is below:
January 10, 2017- Pitch Off Night
- 6pm-6:15 Review
- 6:15-7:15 Keynote Speakers
- Olumide Olayinka—-Founder of Startup Lagos, Organizer of the Lagos Startup Week
- Evelyn Gitau—Program Manager at The African Academy of Sciences
- Uwemakpan Uwemedimo —Startup Grind Chapter Director Lagos
Mac-Jordan Degadjor- Blogger & Tech Consultant
- Aniedi Udo-Obong Leveraging Communities to Grow Your Startup
- 7:15-8:00 Top 10 Pitch Demo Night
- 8:00-9:00 Q/A With the Judges
The keynote series was then followed up with a 1-hour pitch demo of the top 10 companies selected from the program. Each company had 1 minute to pitch their company with slide show presentations and receive q/a from our guest judges (representing Singularity, Bold Emerge Capital and SXSW).
Now, for the final results! We are pleased to announced the top 3 winners for the 2017 Winter Africa Digital Startup Accelerator! Winners represented Nigeria, South Africa, and Ghana. It was a tough competition but the top three winners are Loystar with 31 points, Intelligent Routing with 31 points, and Edusko with 29 points. The tie was broken with the popular vote with Loystar receiving more votes then Intelligent Routing. Rent Your Hall was the winner of the popular vote.