Are you ready? The second D-Prize Global Competition of 2018 is LIVE and accepting applications from aspiring social entrepreneurs around the world! Join us and our growing community of 120 Distribution Entrepreneurs.
D-Prize challenges bold new leaders to tackle distribution problems impeding development in countries where extreme poverty exists. We will award teams with up to $20,000 each to launch nonprofits or social ventures that can distribute proven poverty interventions to thousands, maybe even millions of people.
D-Prize is looking to find and fund high-potential problem solvers. We believe the idea candidate or candidate team is:
- Focused on distributing a proven poverty intervention in the fields of education, girls’ education, agriculture, energy, global health, and governance and infrastructure (see our challenges for more details)
- At the idea stage for starting a distribution venture or leading an organization (with a distribution component) that is less than 2 years old and has raised less than $30,000
- Prepared to launch a 3 month pilot with a long-term vision for scale and ready to have at least one founder working on the pilot full-time
Is this you? Learn more about the D-Prize challenges (in girls’ education, energy, agriculture, governance and infrastructure, and more) and apply at www.d-prize.org. The regular deadline is November 4th and there is an extension deadline of November 24th available for those who sign up.
Apply to the World’s Largest Free Digital Accelerator (Online)
Global Startup Ecosystem (GSE) returns with the 3rd annual digital startup accelerator for entrepreneurs. GSE’s free digital accelerator programs are open to all small businesses, startups, and freelancers. Each application round is rolling admission until the top 100 are selected to complete the program. The program is FREE. Only 100 companies will be accepted! The 2018 accelerator dates are:
- America (October 16,17,18 @ 6pm-9pm EST)
- Asia (October 22,23,24 @ 6pm-9pm India Time )
- Europe (October 29,30,31@ 6pm-9pm London Time)
- Middle East (November 4, 5, 6 @ 6pm-9pm Dubai Time)
- Latin America (November 6,7,8 @6pm-9pm Brazil Time)
- Caribbean (November 12,13,14 @6pm-9pm Haiti Time)
- Africa (November 13, 14, 15 @6pm-9pm Ghana Time)
Speaker, partnership and sponsorship inquiries can be directed to the GSE team via email@example.com.
Each regional program features 10-15 global experts, 10 workshop sessions and 100 free resources and links to propel your company. The program agenda includes the following topics:
- Ideation & Product Hacking- How to create a website and app in 30 days
- Customer Acquisition- How to get your first 10,000 users
- Marketing – How to scale with press and media hacks
- Business Development- How to build a sustainable business model
Check out previous accelerator programs via www.globalstartupecosystem.com