October 10, 2017, London, UK- The Global Startup Ecosystem (GSE) is pleased to announce Chivas venture’s 2015 USA alum- Christine Souffrant Ntim’s invitation call for entrepreneurs.
As preparation for the Chivas Venture application, GSE has a free digital accelerator program for applicants. The 2017 accelerator dates are: Caribbean October 17-19, Africa October 24-26, Europe October 30- November 1st, America November 7-9, Middle East November 12-14, Asia November 14,15,16, Latin America November 21-24. Speaker, partnership and sponsorship inquiries can be directed to the GSE team via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chivas Venture Competition for Social Entrepreneurs 2018 (Win a share of $1 Million in funding)
Since the launch of Chivas The Venture in 2014, this prestigious competition for startups with a mission has received applications from over 6000 entrepreneurs from all over the world.
Enter the Chivas Venture for the chance to win a share of $1M for your business. Chivas Venture is looking for innovative start-ups that use business to solve global social or environmental challenges. Social entrepreneurs from around the world who are using business to create a better future.
The Venture is a global search to find and support the most promising startups with the potential to succeed financially and make a positive impact on the lives of others. The most promising startups – one from each country participating in The Venture – will make it to the global final and have a chance to win a share of $1 million in funding.
Chivas Venture believes generosity and success go hand in hand. That by sharing the good stuff, we can all achieve more. That’s why every year, they invest $1million in start-ups that are creating positive change and a better future. Since the launch of the Chivas Venture in 2014, nearly 6,000 entrepreneurs have applied, a new generation that is doing well by doing good.
If you have a business that can create real, positive change, then the Chivas Venture Competition is for you!
A SHARE OF THE $1MILLION FUND
- If you are selected to take part in the global final, you’ll have the opportunity to win a share of $1 Million in funding. Each finalist will have the chance to tell us how much funding they seek and how they believe this will make a difference for their business.
THE VENTURE ACCELERATOR WEEK:
- Over the course of a week, all the finalists will take part in a variety of intensive business master-classes at some of the world’s leading businesses to help them sharpen their skills.
MENTORED BY THE BEST IN THE BUSINESS:
- We have recruited a team of experts in partnership with the Skoll centre at Oxford University to provide business and pitching support to The Venture’s global finalists.
- The global finalists will feature on The Venture website and crowdfunding site IndieGogo. Our international campaign will reach millions of people around the world, offering incredible exposure for your business.
- The Venture is an international project with some of the participating countries offering additional prizes. Check your local Terms & Conditions to discover what else The Venture could offer your business.
- They are looking for social entrepreneurs who have a registered, for-profit startup or business.
- They are searching for businesses in
- seed stage (which means the product is still in prototype stage and the business is not yet generating revenue from customers or users yet),
- startup stage (which means the business has a working prototype of its concept, ideally with some demonstrable user traction, generating a maximum of US $500,000 – or local currency equivalent – in annual revenues and has been incorporated for no more than three years) or
- growth stage (which means the business is beyond the working prototype stage, and can show significant user traction and sales, generating a maximum of US $1 million – or local currency equivalent – in annual revenues and has been incorporated for more than three years).
- You will have a strong vision, a compelling idea and a solid business plan.
- You’ll also need to showcase how your business has a positive impact and articulate how funding would help to take your business to the next level.
- You must be over 25 to enter The Venture.
- Make sure you check out your local Terms & Conditions should you choose to apply for further eligibility requirements.
Every submission will be judged on five criteria. These criteria are:
- Market opportunity and size.
- Demonstrable impact: measurable social or environmental impact and a model that can scale.
- Sound business model and organizational strategy.
- Financial feasibility and sustainability: can earn revenue.
- Skills, experience, and commitment of management team.
Below is a list of the countries that are participating in The Venture Year 3. In order to enter as a potential startup or startup idea, your resident country must be in the list below.
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- Hong Kong
- South Africa
How It Works
- Each application will be reviewed and the very best from each of the participating countries will be selected to take part in national finals. You will have the chance to pitch to a panel of business experts who will offer advice and decide which finalist has the most promise to continue to the global finals.
- Semi-final: If you are successful at the national final, you will receive one-to-one pitch coaching and social business mentoring by experts from the Skoll Centre for Social Entrepreneurship, Oxford University.
- Voting: The online voting period will be your chance to inspire people around the world with your story, and get them to support your startup with their vote. The first $200,000 of the Chivas Venture fund will be distributed amongst finalists based on the number of votes received.
- Accelerator Week: Startups that qualify for the global finals will head to The Venture Accelerator Week; an intensive five days of learning from world-class mentors. The Accelerator Week will involve expert trainers and inspirational mentors recruited by the Skoll Centre for Social Entrepreneurship.
- Final Pitch: This is your chance to pitch in front of a live audience of business experts, influencers and change-makers. At this exclusive event, the Chivas Venture global panel of judges will decide where the remaining share of the $1million fund will be awarded.
Each country participating in The Venture will select one winner to go to the global final. The selection process will vary between countries so please be sure to check your local Terms & Conditions to find out more.
You can apply for Chivas The Venture on this website until 31st October 2017.
Where is Vendedy today?
Currently, Vendedy has 500 street markets cross 51 countries on its beta network and aims to relaunch this fall with 1000 street markets. Vendedy has attained several recognitions including the 2014 Poverty Alleviation Clinton Global Initiative Commitment, 2014 IBM Global Entrepreneur, 2015 Singularity Top 5 Exponential Breakthroughs, Citi Mobile Fin Tech Top 20, 2015 Forbes Million Dollar Prize Top 40, IBM Launch Boston Top 5, Chivas Venture Million Dollar Prize USA winner, 2015 MasterCard Elevator Pitch Prize, 2015 SOCAP Award, and the winner of the 2015 DEW Startup competition.
Where is the founder today?
Christine Souffrant Ntim is an award-winning Haitian-American entrepreneur & startup ecosystem expert for emerging markets. She was selected and featured in Forbes 30 Under 30, AdAge 40 Under 40, Haiti Changemakers 1804 List, Singularity NASA, Entrepreneur Magazine, Huffington Post, Inc Magazine and more. She speaks on digital entrepreneurship, startup hacking, exponential tech AI, and personal branding at over 20+ global conferences a year- which includes former appearances at the US State Department Tours, United Nations, TEDx, SXSW, Startup Grind Global, SeedStars World, European Union Forum and more. She started her career as the founder of Vendedy- a social network connecting people to street markets with the aim of digitizing a $10 trillion dollar black economy and centralizing the world’s 200,000 street markets. Today, Christine is the Director of Startup Grind Dubai Powered by Google For Entrepreneurs and a partner at the GlobalStartupEcosystem.com which hosts the largest digital online accelerator program in the world- graduating over 1000+ companies across 190+ countries a year.
About: Global Startup Ecosystem (GSE): is a central hub designed to educate, inspire and prepare startup communities for the digital age.GSE primarily provides online digital accelerator programs for startup ecosystems in different geographic regions, industry verticals, and impactful topic areas. Regions of focus are: Africa, Asia,America,Caribbean, Europe, Latin America and the Middle East .
Maggie Chin- Press Lead Secretary