New York, NY, July 26, 2017- The World’s 1st Virtual Space Accelerator was launched on July 18-20, 2017 by the New York Space Alliance and powered by the Global Startup Ecosystem. The cohort of 70 companies (287 entrepreneurs) included space researchers, entrepreneurs, and innovators from over 9 countries (USA, Germany, Brazil, Australia, Nigeria, Peru, Philippines, Chile, Belgium). This program is the first of its kind for Space Innovators: galvanizing entrepreneurs, global thought leaders, investors, and researchers to accelerate innovation and participation in the Commercial Space era.
The accelerator program began with a full series of boot camp workshops covering ideation, product development, marketing, customer acquisition, and funding. The boot camp was then followed by keynotes from astronauts, investors, experts, leading entrepreneurs and researchers connected to the Space ecosystem.
The program concluded with a demo day where the top ten innovators pitched in front of prestigious judges from across the world for top prizes and a provision of mentors who focus on actionable training and development.
Final Frontier Designs
- Intelligent Space
- Lunar Experiences
- Garatea/ Airvanti
Popular public vote lead with over 2,128+ votes submitted from around the world was Garatea.
2017 Space Digital Accelerator Announcements
- GSE Launches the World’s First Space Digital Accelerator
- World’s First Space Digital Startup Accelerator Announces 2017 NYSA Cohort
- World’s First Space Digital Startup Accelerator Announces 2017 Speakers & Agenda
- Top 10 Selected for 2017 Space Digital Startup Accelerator Demo Day-NYSA
- Top 3 Popularity Voting Results
- NY Space Alliance: https://www.facebook.com/nyspa
- NY Space Website: https://www.nyspaceal
- Space Startup Ecosystem: https://www.facebook.com/space
- GSE Website: http://globalstartupecosystem.
2017 Speaker topics were as follows:
- John Tucker -What is “NewSpace”, what are “Space Entrepreneurs”, and why does it matter?
- Mark Ciotola- “Using Space Technologies for Sustainability Purposes on Earth”
- Laetitia Garriott de Cayeux -“Fundamentals of a winning space venture and how to pitch it”
- Adam Maher- Startup Experience for Space Innovators
- Hoyt Davidson- “Lessons Learned in 30 Years of Space Finance”
- Abigail Hartley -“Social Media For Space Innovators: Selling the Public on the Final Frontier.”
- Chris Fabian “Creating Opportunities For Frontier Technologies To Benefit Humanity”.
- Dave Phillipson- “The Language of Capital”
- Jeff Manber- “Growing Your Typical Space Exploration Company: Challenges and Rewards”
- Steve Kaufman: Legal frameworks for Space Innovators
About: The New York Space Alliance is a Public Benefit Corporation leveraging New York resources and global talents to fulfill the promise of commercial space.Our partners in Silicon Valley pioneered the initial wave of entrepreneurs based on small spacecraft and venture capital funding. Our ambition is to prompt even more impactful ventures with the scale and funding attractiveness to deliver on the opportunity NewSpace presents. Our partners span across academia, finance, law, industry, and NGOs — all with a vested interest in playing a role in the growth of NewSpace for the advancement of the common good.
About: Space Startup Ecosystem centralizes information about of Space entrepreneurial community and is a subsidiary of Global Startup Ecosystem. Global Startup Ecosystem provides digital programs for startup ecosystems in emerging regions around the world including- Africa, Asia,Caribbean, Middle East, America, Europe,and Latin America. The organization provides data insights and pipeline applications for regional programs such as accelerators, incubators, and startup event organizers.