In Response to Coronavirus Outbreak- Global Startup Ecosystem (GSE) Announces “Responsibility Protocol” for 54 Tech Summits Scheduled for 2020
March 6, 2020, [New York, USA] Global Startup Ecosystem (GSE) announced a historic scale of 54 tech summits at Davos in an effort to accelerate stakeholder commitments to the 17 Sustainable Development Goals. As the fastest growing tech community of pioneers with purpose, GSE, gathers thousands of innovative influencers each year with the goal of creating tech hubs in emerging market countries. In light of recent safety concerns regarding the Coronavirus outbreak, GSE will institute its first global “Responsibility Protocol”. This protocol will be in place to support summit stakeholders with accurate information to plan ahead and make strategic decisions.
Here are the top 3 reasons the Global Startup Ecosystem is initiating this plan:
- Protect our global delegates: GSE galvanizes close to 75,000 delegates from around the world via its global summits. To ensure the safety of global delegates, stakeholders and facilitators, all events scheduled for spring and summer will be postponed to the fall and rescheduled as virtual summit programs. All fall programs are moving forward as planned.
- Protect the Legacy of Global Partners: The GSE partnership network has scaled to 140+ organizations within a few short years. To ensure that partners are not compromised from potential safety risks, GSE will re-affirm and announce partners moving forward with the new “Responsibility Protocol” structure in upcoming weeks. Our partners are committed to our global efforts and have a history of going above and beyond to support our mission. In 2017 GSE launched the 13 year initiative in Haiti- hitting 83 million social media impressions with the iconic Haiti Tech Summit. In 2018 it expanded the mission to 11 summits which included record breaking numbers at the Space Tech Summit and the Ghana Tech Summit. In 2019 the mission extended to 23 summits around the world with over 88 global partners.
- Protect the Event Industry Ecosystem: As thousands of programs are being cancelled and adjusted on a rapid scale, GSE is making an early announcement on its plans for the entire year to empower stakeholders with strategic choice and early planning.
The updated Global Startup Ecosystem (GSE) calendar is below:
- Her Future Summit (March 31st 2020) Virtual: Featuring 100 global speakers and partners and 1000 digital delegates. RSVP via Herfuturesummit.org.
- Global Health summit (May 28, 2020) Virtual: Featuring global experts on health care to prepare delegates for COVID-19 effects and other health care concerns.
- Haiti Tech Summit-(Fall 2020) In-Person. Royal Decameron Beach Resort, Haiti: 4th annual gathering. Each year Haiti hosts 100 global speakers and close to 1000+ global ecosystem influencers with the mission of turning Haiti into a major tech hub by 2030. Previous headline speakers include the President of Haiti, Ben Horowitz-investor in Facebook, Jack Dorsey-founder of Twitter, and Vicky Jeudy – celebrity actor from Netflix’s Orange is the New Black. RSVP via HaitiTechSummit.com.
- Future Tech Week series In Person moved to fall. RSVP for Space Tech Summit , VR Tech Summit, Blockchain Tech Summit, Ai Tech Summit and Nano Tech Summit RSVP via RSVP via GSE Eventbrite.
- Africa Future Summit September 18, 2020 – New York City, USA UNGA WEEK – The 3rd annual program. RSVP via africafuturesummit.com. .
- Europe Future Summit September 25, 2020 – New York City, USA UNGA WEEK – The 2nd annual program. RSVP via GSE Eventbrite Newly announced, Caribbean Future Summit, Asia Future Summit, Latin America Future Summit, Middle East Future Summit RSVP via GSE Eventbrite.
- Diaspora Return Summit (Fall 2020) Virtual RSVP via GSE Eventbrite.
- Future Tech Summit– Dubai, UAE. (October 21, 2020) In-Person RSVP via Futuretechsummit.org.
- Middle East Tour- Saudi Tech Summit and Qatar Tech Summit RSVP via GSE Eventbrite.
- Caribbean Tour – DR Tech Summit, Jamaica Tech summit , Barbados Tech Summit moved to virtual RSVP via GSE Eventbrite
- Ghana Tech Summit- Labadi Beach Hotel, the 3rd annual program will return on December 2020 with 3000+ participants. RSVP via GhanaTechSummit.com.
- Africa Tour- Accelerating Africa into the Future: via the largest tech tour on the continent. In 2019 GSE hosted 10 tech summits in Africa. For 2020 they will host 20 summits across Africa virtually and in person. Second Editions of Nigeria Tech Summit, Kenya Tech Summit, South Africa, Rwanda Tech Summit, Ethiopia Tech Summit, Egypt Tech Summit, Morocco Tech Summit, Nigeria, Benin Tech Summit, Togo Tech Summit. Newly added first editions of Senegal, Cote D’ Ivoire, Liberia, Uganda, Botswana, Algeria, Tanzania, Zimbabwe, Madagascar, Congo. RSVP Via Africa Future Summit Eventbrite.
As the series continues to onboard more global partners, GSE will have accelerated ecosystems in 170+ countries by 2030. To submit your interest to join the initiative, submit an email inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About: Global Startup Ecosystem (GSE): is the leading ecosystem platform that supports global development by hosting the world’s first and largest digital accelerator and via its iconic tech summit programs in target countries around the world. With a mission to educate, inspire and prepare startup communities for the digital age, GSE brings together both private and public stakeholders to address humanity’s greatest challenges via tech and entrepreneurship.
GSE is now the fastest growing tech and business community. GSE’s online network accelerates 1000+ companies a year across 90+ countries in 7 key regions-Africa, Asia, America, Caribbean, Europe, Latin America and the Middle East with a focus in frontier tech industries such as Space , Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, and more. GSE’s offline network supports 75,000+ global delegates a year via its iconic tech summits.
Global Startup Ecosystem Team